Vacancy:- African Disability Forum (ADF) Fellowship Program 2018 (Six Months)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The African Disability Forum (ADF), the Pan-African membership organization of organizations of persons with disabilities (DPOs), has initiated a Fellowship Program with the support of the International Disability Alliance (IDA). ADF is a full member of IDA.
The purpose of the Fellowship Program is to strengthen the ADF Office and support its member DPOs in Africa. In 2018, the ADF Fellowship Program will support one Fellow to be based in the ADF Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for a period of 6 months. The Fellow will work with the ADF Coordinator, in support of ADF Office and Program activities. The Fellowship work is not a paid position. However, a per diem, local transport allowance and any required disability supports will be provided to the Fellow.
Reporting to and working closely with the ADF Coordinator, the ADF Office Fellow is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Study the CRPD, identify African countries that have ratified the CRPD, and monitor CRPD reporting by countries in the region
- Study the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), identify national efforts to mainstream disability issues in the SDGs, and encourage and monitor disability mainstreaming in Voluntary National Reviews by African countries
- Help support ADF-sponsored program activities by sub-regional DPO federations, including DPO capacity-building training
- Help support ADF BRIDGE CRPD/SDGs training for DPO and other disability activists in selected countries and sub-regions
- Help support ADF DPO member advocacy activities that promote disability rights and inclusive development
- Assist the Coordinator to upload information regularly to the ADF website and Facebook accounts
- Assist the Coordinator with regular contacts with sub-regional and national DPO federations for the exchange of information
- Participate in meetings and other events as requested by the ADF Coordinator
- Undertake any additional tasks as assigned by the ADF Coordinator
- Prepare and submit a Report on activities undertaken upon completion of the Fellowship.
Criteria for selection:
- Persons with a disability are highly encouraged to apply (*Priority will be given to women with disabilities)
- Be under 35 years of age
- Have a BA Degree in a relevant field of study
- Be active in disability rights advocacy
- Be competent in reading and writing English, with knowledge of French or sign language desirable
An application letter and supporting documents must be submitted by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the vacancy reference as "ADF 2018 Fellowship” + Your Full Name on the subject line of your email.
Deadline: January 26, 2018